Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository1. Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
2. The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
3. The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items1. Anyone may access full items free of charge.
2. Single copies of full items can be:
:: reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium
:: for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
3. Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held1. This is an institutional or departmental repository.
2. Subject Specialities: Multidisciplinary
3. ir@cgcri holds all types of materials.
4. Items are individually tagged with:
:: their peer-review status.
:: their publication status.
5. Principal Languages: English; Hindi
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright1. Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
2. Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
3. The administrator only vets items for the exclusion of spam
4. The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
5. Items may not be deposited until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
6. Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
7. If ir@cgcri receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
Preservation Policy1. Items will be retained indefinitely.
2. ir@cgcri will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
3. ir@cgcri regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
4. Items may not normally be removed from ir@cgcri.
5. Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
:: Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
:: Legal requirements and proven violations
:: National Security
:: Falsified research
6. Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
7. Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
8. URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
9. Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
10. If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
11. In the event of ir@cgcri being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.